Welcome to RIFF GAUCHE. Click here to register

G&L USA Legacy Special

les G&L pour gaucher (Georges Fullerton et Léo Fender)

Modérateurs : foolk, Ichimaru

SouthpawGuy
Lefty acharné
Lefty acharné

G&L USA Legacy Special

Messagepar SouthpawGuy » Sam Juil 30, 2011 12:59 am

G&L USA Legacy Special

This one is an ash body in cherry burst finish with cream guard and rosewood neck. Factory graphtech nut and string tree and also Schaller locking tuners. Frets are Dunlop medium jumbos.

Pickups are Gotoh Dual Blade single coil sized humbuckers in neck and middle with a Power Blade in the bridge. Lots of power and noise free, great for rock blues or metal. Does the clean strat sound reasonably well but lowering the pickups will give more "quack" in positions 2 and 4.

This particular guitar is a 2004 model, bought it used in the US and imported it. The neck is fairly chunky with a satin finish, pre 2005 or so necks tend to be thinner.

G&L specs here: http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/US ... /index.asp

SouthpawGuy
Lefty acharné
Lefty acharné

Re: G&L USA Legacy Special

Messagepar SouthpawGuy » Sam Juil 30, 2011 11:40 pm

I forgot to mention the PTB.

The tone controls on all G&L Legacys, S500s and Comanches have what is known as PTB ... Passive Treble and Bass. The volume control acts as normal but the other two controls are a master treble and bass. The one nearest the volume pot is for the treble, furthest away is for bass. They both affect all pickups at all times.

It doesn't sound like much of a difference but I have never used the tone controls on Fender Strats, on the G&Ls I use them quite a bit as the tone can be fine tuned.

Typically G&L strat type guitars sound fuller and fatter than their Fender equivalents, with the Legacy being nearest to a strat ( alnico V pickups), then the Legacy Special ( blade humbuckers) and furthest away from a conventional strat sound is the S500 ( MFDs).

To get a more traditional strat tone roll off the bass a bit and it thins out the sound. For a fuller tone set the bass on 10 and treble on 7 or so.

foolk
Admin Lefty
Admin Lefty

Messagepar foolk » Lun Aoû 01, 2011 7:11 pm

Awesome guitar(s) !!!!

I really like this one
Je crois que j'ai le cerveau monté à l'envers.....

Left side of the moon
Super Silver Lefty
Super Silver Lefty

Messagepar Left side of the moon » Lun Aoû 01, 2011 9:01 pm

:love: The cherryburst is so beautiful. I prefer it that way rather than on a flamed top.

SouthpawGuy
Lefty acharné
Lefty acharné

Messagepar SouthpawGuy » Lun Aoû 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Left side of the moon a écrit ::love: The cherryburst is so beautiful. I prefer it that way rather than on a flamed top.

Yes this one looks very pretty, but the pickups make it a wolf in sheeps clothing, it can be very aggressive.

Retourner vers « G & L »