Welcome to RIFF GAUCHE. Click here to register

Schecter Omen Elite 8 MS

Vous avez une belle gauchère ? C'est le moment de nous la montrer, photos et discussions sont au rendez vous

Modérateurs : foolk, Ichimaru

SouthpawGuy
Lefty acharné
Lefty acharné

Schecter Omen Elite 8 MS

Messagepar SouthpawGuy » Ven Jan 20, 2023 2:45 pm

Schecter Omen Elite 8 MS

I wasn't planning on getting another guitar ( yeah right :D ) ... but this one popped up on Thomann as "in stock" so I took the plunge.

It's way out of my comfort zone, I've never played even a 7 string .. the usual story, no chance of a lefty 7 string actually in stock to try out, especially in Ireland .. I've not once ever seen even a lefty Telecaster in any store here and I've been playing since 1980.

When it arrived I was just going out for a while, typical, so I only very briefly strummed it to check it out, for maybe a minute or so, then I put it back in the case. Only then did I realise that I hadn't even noticed the fanned frets ... so I quickly took it back out to check they hadn't sent me the wrong guitar :)

The hardest part for me to get used to is the string spacing, the neck is wide but slim so they must have a tighter spacing, or maybe it just feels that way. I can play an open D chord and get my thumb over the top to fret the 8th string so maybe it's not as wide as some.

The scale lengths are 25.5 to 27.5 with strings 9 - 80 and stainless steel frets. The pickups are good, not really high output, good for clean tones, which is what I got it for. I don't djent or chug, not my thing at all.

The finish is good and it is surprisingly light, it fits in a standard generic case for a strat or tele. And the sustain is unreal, across all strings, maybe it's the 5 bolt neck plus the Hipshot bridge, it sustains on cleans better than a set neck Les Paul for example.

It plays well, low action and no fret buzz, and it is intonated just fine. The pots are right handed wired lefty, with very little usable sweep, they're like on / off switches. It doesn't bother me much as I don't really "ride the pots" like some players do, I leave the volume on full all the time.

After playing it for a while any other guitar neck feels like a tooth pick, a very weird sensation :D

I plan to use it in standard tuning, low F# to high E, it may be more awkward for some chord shapes / bass runs but scales will be easier.

Triback
Ultra Silver Lefty
Ultra Silver Lefty

Re: Schecter Omen Elite 8 MS

Messagepar Triback » Sam Jan 21, 2023 8:47 am

nice, you should tru to switch from this beast tonthe mandolin :mrgreen: . Must be good fun.

SouthpawGuy
Lefty acharné
Lefty acharné

Messagepar SouthpawGuy » Dim Jan 22, 2023 7:38 pm

Triback a écrit :nice, you should tru to switch from this beast tonthe mandolin :mrgreen: . Must be good fun.

I have thought about getting a 5 string banjo several times, but that might mess with my head completely :D

Besides, the dog would probably leave home :mrgreen:

captain.bondage
Lefty acharné
Lefty acharné

Messagepar captain.bondage » Lun Jan 30, 2023 9:32 pm

So over-the-top, nonsensical that it becomes tempting. I can relate to that.

Anyway, that's a beast !
Reversed a écrit :
shadow_gallery a écrit :qu'est ce que c'est que ces attaques ad hominem. Je rentre dans du M, ma copine en met...
aucun mérite, je porte du S et je suis déja rentré plusieurs fois dans du XXL

SouthpawGuy
Lefty acharné
Lefty acharné

Messagepar SouthpawGuy » Lun Jan 30, 2023 11:16 pm

captain.bondage a écrit :So over-the-top, nonsensical that it becomes tempting. I can relate to that.

Anyway, that's a beast !

Thanks.

It's certainly a mind f*ck going from this to any other guitar, maybe I'll get used to it in time.

chacal
Lefty acharné
Lefty acharné

Messagepar chacal » Mar Jan 31, 2023 12:47 pm

captain.bondage a écrit :So over-the-top, nonsensical that it becomes tempting.

That's what girls say when I get naked :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SouthpawGuy
Lefty acharné
Lefty acharné

Messagepar SouthpawGuy » Mar Jan 31, 2023 1:39 pm

chacal a écrit :
captain.bondage a écrit :So over-the-top, nonsensical that it becomes tempting.

That's what girls say when I get naked :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thank you for that wonderful mental image :)

:guitar:

Retourner vers « Belles Guitares Gauchères »